How to get to Ioannina
- The distance from Athens is 415 km through the Rio-Antirio bridge, which is the shortest way. With a normal speed it will take approximately 5 hours.
- The distance from Thessaloniki is 260 km through Egnatia highway. With a normal speed it will take approximately 2 hours.
- For those who come from Italy through Igoumenitsa, the distance from the port is 70 km.
- For those who come from Kastoria through Konitsa, the distance is 221 km.
By bus (KTEL)
Those who decide to come to Ioannina by city bus should know that there are frequent routes of luxury modern buses which connect Ioannina with many cities.
- From Athens to Ioannina, and vice versa, there are about ten daily routes by buses.
- The distance is 415 km and it will take approximately 6 hours.
- From Thessaloniki to Ioannina, and vice versa, there are four daily routes during winter period and 6 during the summer period. The distance is 260 km and it will take about 4 hours.
- There are daily routes to and from Arta (10), Igoumenitsa (9), Preveza (10), Patras (3), Agrinio (6), Larissa, Volos, etc.
Contact telephones of Ioannina intercity city bus (KTEL): (+30) 26510 26286
There are daily 2-4 flights from Athens to the city of Ioannina with Olympic Airways and Aegean Airlines. Flight time is 55 minutes.
More information at: (+30) 25610 26218, (+30) 25610 23120
Aerial photographs – Complex map
The city – Useful Information
Ioannina is the capital and largest city of Ioannina County and Epirus and is located in the northwestern part of mainland Greece, in the center of the homonymous basin, at an altitude of 628 m.
Latitude: (North) 39,40.
Longitude: (East) 20,52.
Population: about 110,000 residents.
Time zone: GMT +2 (DST GMT +3)
Climate: The city of Ioannina has Mediterranean climate tempered by the altitude. Winter is cold with heavy rains, while the summer is sunny, warm and dry. The annual average temperature ranges at 17 – 18 °C.
Monday, Wednesday, Saturday 09:00 am – 02:00 pm
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 09:00 am – 02:00 pm and 05:30 pm – 09:00 pm (some international chain stores have opening hours 09:00 am – 09:00 pm)
Supermarket Opening hours:
Monday-Friday 08:30 am – 09:00 pm. Saturday: 08:30 am – 08: 00 pm
Telephones: The international code for Greece is +30. The area code for the city of Ioannina, is 26510. In Ioannina there are pay phones, which you can use with phone cards, which you purchase from kiosks within the city.
USEFUL PHONE NUMBERS:
Prefecture of Ioannina: (+30) 26510 87000
Ioannina City Hall: (+30) 26510 79921
Agia Triada Hill
|The complex is located on the hill of Agia Triada that took its name from the homonymous chapel.||The whole area is surrounded by the aesthetic grove of the city which is ideal for hiking, jogging, cycling and other activities.|